Friday, November 03, 2006

Life Update...

This week was kinda crazy (not as crazy as last friday though). Here's what I got up to:

30/10
Had my multiple choice test for my (beloved) gen-ed. It was an ok test. The first half was a bit tricky... the questions were really vague! Like... "Which would be the BEST option?" It's hard to pick because it depends on your opinion... or the opinion of your tutor. The second half was a lot clearer... I found it much easier. Had questions like "Diabetes is a disease where..." a) you have trouble breathing, b) you are affected by bee stings, c) you have brittle bones or d) body has issues with insulin balance (or something along those lines). Haha funny!

31/10
Started the morning with a quite interesting motivation lecture... it was just revision... but the lecturer gave really good summary points.

Then I had chillax time... and CBS time... then...

VIOLIN PRAC! My Bach started off a bit fast... so was slightly out of control. But then got better. My Mozart was the best that I've ever played it! All the tricky parts that I'd practiced over and over again... the were fine! Then my Suk... I put on quite a performance if I could say so myself. It's a very fun piece and I had lots of fun playing it. [I got my marks back today and they were better than last semester... I did think I played better this semester. My examiner said my rhythm was really good... but need to work on intonation. I knew that.]

Then chilled a bit more... and then...

CBS PARTY TIME!!! First of all... me and a couple of the girls decorated the place (very limited decorations... but still classy). Then... Dorny walked through the door and I was like... wha?! Turns out he was playing with Rev!ve which was the band doing the music/entertainment for the night. We basically talked all night and ate lots of chips, bbq and red cordial. The final year people also did speeches on what they liked about CBS and prayer points. Ben Gooley also said some final year remarks. Had a nice time meeting people and hanging with friends. When we had to leave the place... the CBS party continued on the bus to central... then the CBS party continued on the train with me, Sarah and Rob... to concord west. Then me and Rob continued the party to Beecroft/Pennant Hills.

1/11
Motivation (the subject) today was good again because we did more revision and our lecturer practically spelt out what would be in the test. I felt like I learned a lot.

Bible study was good. Looked a parable. It's nice to look at the 'easy' passages and tear it apart and bombard it with questions. Some tension in the group...

2/11
Started a new blog... it's sad when friendships have to turn to a blog to help us keep accountable. But then again... maybe it's a blessing.

3/11
Music Lit test! Sucky! I should have studied a bit more than I did. Like I knew the dates... just recognising some of the pieces was a bit hard. All those damn piano concertos! And they didn't play Mendelssohn Violin Concerto!!!! That's the only one I knew heaps of stuff on!!! The sad thing is they give you the answers straight afterwards... so you can see what you got wrong. Luckily I didn't get enough wrong to fail. Don't know that my marks will be that high though... but I don't care... never have to do music lit again!!! WOOT!!!

Then us musos went to the roundhouse for lunch. Half the course was there! (that's like 20 of us!) We took up so much room... haha... they need bigger tables there.

Then went to upper campus to hang with Elsie and the arts girls. She made a scrumptious chocolate cheese cake. mmm can still taste the tasty cheesy chocolate. I don't know what I'm gonna do in the holidays without seeing Elsie every tuesday!!! [we must hang Elsie!]

For switch I took a new approach to the study... we did a bit of drawing... so it was less mechanical. I think the girls learned better that way. I think I also learned better that way. Hebrews rocks my socks!

From Car-O-Line

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! What an interesting and varied life you do lead Miss O-Line ;)

Thanks for breaking up the study boredom!

From Your Fan :)

Unknown said...

Yeah bay-bee! Lets make our dresses in the holidays!! When are you around and when are you away??