Monday, November 06, 2006

A beautiful picnic on a rainy day!

This is just a quick blog before I go to bed...

Today the Christians in arts/colleges had a picnic in the St Matthias church hall. It was a very fun time. I got there about 12 (the 4th person to arrive) and then people came in progressively. We ate lots and lots of cookies, cake, chips and muffins.... while playing taboo. We had a nice long round of taboo. Then Keris told us about the magic knife... I understood the magic knife pretty quickly.

Then we had lunch (straight after eating so much snacks). We had sausages in rolls with salad. It was very tasty (despite the 'ugly' looking sausages). Then we played this game which is like a mixture of taboo, charades and that other game where you can only say one word... you know the one ;) We had a nice long round of this too... it was quite funny... especially Tyson's action for "Super Ted" and I'll never forget the name Francis Drake now (a cousin of Lindsay!).

Then... while deciding on what game to play next... we watched as Hayley and Anna tried to show us this telepathy thing... 'clicks' was the name of the game. It was funny... we eventually worked it out. (everyone listen, listen, some clicks, click click click, click click = Elsie)

We then shared about things we were thankful for this year and prayed. There were lots of things to be thankful for. I was very thankful that I actually got involved in CBS this year and actually went to weekend away and myc... if I didn't... I wouldn't have met any of the lovely Christian people at uni.

Then we had one final round of 'the magic knife.' After making it very very obvious... everyone understood the magic knife... except elsie.... so we had to make it even more clearer!!!
Elsie: "ooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!! I get it now!!!!"
kekeke so funny!

Then I took the bus to central with Stef, Doris and Andrew (her brother)... then me Doris and Andrew took the train to strathfield... then I switched lines and got home.

A very fun day. Elsie.. send me photos!!!

From Car-O-Line

4 comments:

Jono said...

I thought it would be time to come out of hiding and say that I am the usually random Anon poster on your blog :-P Also because I wanted to direct you to some pic I thought you would be intrested in: http://www.jboer.com.au/Gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=324

Oh and by the way I love you rblog it makes me laugh :-)

regards,

Jono aka Bob and Anonymous.

Caroline said...

OOOOOOOOOOO it all makes sense now!

Jenfafa said...

hey - sounds like your day was heaps fun :) thanks for the new blog too... i love it.

Unknown said...

*sob*sob* I never understand these things :P Photos on the way...Hayley has some too!