Thursday, November 23, 2006

A challenging question

Oh I'm so thankful to God for the uni holidays... because now I can finally get into reading "Disciplines of a Godly Woman." I just read a bit just then... and thought I should share it with you:

"As a pastor's wife, I have often had Christian women express to me their longing for something they do not possess. In search to find what is lacking, they casually diminish and even dismiss what they have taken for granted - the knowledge of God and His gracious provisions for us discovered in the pages of Scripture... God's provision for His children is astonishing! (2 Peter 1:3) We have everything we need! Do you believe this?"


I'm not sure if I do truly believe this. I mean... if I did... shouldn't I feel totally content with life? I guess there are days when I believe it more than other days. I've been feeling more and more content with God's plans for my life recently. I guess the more I get to know God... the easier it will be to be content. There are a lot of old people at church... and they are so pumped for God still. I hope I'll be like that. I'm guessing that contentment comes with Christian maturity.

Something I've been thinking about recently is trying to actually put into practice things I believe instead of just saying that I believe it. Just for a general example... how do you show in your everyday life that you believe God loves you. It's easy to just say... "Oh yeah I know God loves me... and I'm very thankful." (GAH! I said early in this very post that I was thankful to God for the holidays!) What is a true response to God of thankfulness. Is it enough to merely recognise God's work and give him kudos? I guess if you do it with all your heart it's good... but it just doesn't seem like enough. God's love for us is just so huge!

From Car-O-Line

1 comment:

Jono said...

Hey I think I would comment as I haven't in a while Im still reading though :-).

I know what you mean though, I wish I was always content with Gd has given me, but often I'm not. Despite how hard I work.

But yes praising God ALL the time and with your whole heart is something that you often forget. But I have been making sure I do it more and more and you actually start feeling much more thankful and do it with more feeling after a while.

But GTG, have fun :-)