Tuesday, January 23, 2007

crazy day

got some bible study work done today which was really good. it was kinda hard to do... must wrestle with it more later.

Tonight at work... I sliced my thumb while cutting onions. Man it really stung. And there was all this blood coming out. Now I don't know what's been up with me lately... but I basically fainted. I didn't fully black out but I couldn't hear anything, I went all pale and couldn't stand up. So after dressing my thumb I went out and sat in the bathroom and drank some good sugary coca-cola (they should pay me for saying that). I think I gave my boss a good scare... either because he hadn't seen me so pale before, or because he didn't want me to sue him (I think it was a combination of both). Another guy at work also cut the same thumb that I cut today too... but he didn't do the whole 'damsel in distress' thing... he was more of a man and got back to work a lot quicker. Those stupid onions! They cause me so much grief!!! I'm glad I wont be working tomorrow... I need a lil break from it. My hands stink. I don't think I'll need stitches... but then again I don't know what constitutes the need for stitches... so I better go get it checked out by the doctor tomorrow.

CBS SUMMER EDITION TOMORROW!!! YAY!!!

Driving home from work there was a huge storm with scary lightning and bucketing rain. It should be good for the nearby bushfires. Seeing the lightning and rain reminded me of how powerful God is and the fact that he is able to destroy the whole world in an instant. This both scared me and made me feel awe-ed by God. I'm reminded of that C.S Lewis quote about Aslan that everyone quotes... goes along the lines of... Aslan (God) is dangerous - but wonderful.

From Car-O-Line

No comments: