Sunday, April 09, 2006

ACG

I've just come back from the Arts/Colleges Getaway. It's where a couple of the christians in arts and some of the christians from colleges go away for a weekend, hear some bible talks, do some bible studies and basically hang out (something arts people do best!)
I only went got there on saturday morning because I had switch on friday night. Here is what happened:
me and Sam left penno at 7.30am... so early!
got to Loftus at 9am: quiet time. So I went and did my quiet time.
9.30: session 1. We sang 3 songs (I played vioin) and heard a talk from Hebrews by Lewis Jones. (I'll go through the talks later.
11: had a 10 minute break and then went into bible study. In bible study we read through the whole of Hebrews and talked about our overall impressions of the book. In my group were Elsie, Meredith, Lindsay, Daniel, and Frances.
12.30: had lunch of spag bol and salad.
Once we finised lunch we went for a bush walk... very pretty scenary and there was a river and then came back and played ping pong, lied on the couches, played cards and ate lots of cheese!
4.20: realised that we were supposed to start bible studies at 4, so started bible studies. We read through Hebrews again but this time looked at reccuring themes and main issues and discussed questions that came up.
5.30: ate dinner of chicken caserole and garlic bread
7: Lewis gave his second talk from Hebrews
8.30: fun time! Played so many new games. They are too hard to write up on blog, so I'll just give the names. They were
-Family Serious
-Big Tractor
-Carrots
-G'day Bruce
-Watermelon game
-Animal Kingdom
11.30: decided to go to bed.

Sunday
7.30: woke up, lay in bed for a while
8.30: ate breakfast - fruit loops and vegemite on toast. I also had a mandarin
9: quiet time. I did it outside and it was a beautiful day and very refreshing
9.30: sang some songs, then had our last talk from Lewis.
11: our last discussion group. Liz joined our group this time.
12: tidy up the place and packed up my bags
12.30: ate lunch of burgers and everything left over.
2.13: left to go to Sutherland train station. In my car were Karina, Meredith, Lindsay and Daniel.
2.25: got on the train to central, then I changed trains to go to home to penno.

and now I'm home.

Hebrews talks summary:
- we have confidence by blood and have a high priest over the house of God, Therefore, let us:
-draw near
-hold fast the confession and
-consider how to stir up one another
this is our faith.
- faith is working when our faith in God unleashes God's power. This power of assurance makes us continue to trust God in our times of suffering (i'm not sure if that made sense to you)
- a father will always discipline his children. We will face suffering because we are truly God's children.
- since we are witnesses of the faith, let us
-lay aside every weight (our sin)
-run the raice with enduranc
-consider him

hmmm yes that was a very breif description.

from
Car-O-Line

No comments: