Friday, January 27, 2006

*tear* KYLC is over...

It's sad... KYLC is over... I had the most awesome time. I met lots of people and caught up with lots of old friends. Also... we heard fantastic talks from Kirk Patston who spoke from Ezekiel and Grant Retief who spoke from Matthew. We were all challenged about how we lead and were comfronted with the things that will count in eternity. I also learned lots more about God and his Sovereignty. I bought the mp3s so I can listen to them again and again.

Another part of KYLC was the strand groups... this year I did strand 3 which meant that I had to pick a topic/question and see what the Bible had to say about it. My question was "Can war be justified?" It's quite a difficult question actually and there were lots of points that I had to try and fit together. In the end my strand leaders were a great help and I've come to some sort of conclusion. Now I'm trying to figure out how to package my points into a Bible study.

Ivan, Raj (morning session leader), Susie, Me, Cler and Dan.

It wasn't all hard work though... I had plenty of time to meet new people and hang out and do fun stuff. I met my new sister Susie (and her boyfriend Ivan) and my new brother Dan. We hung out a lot and got to learn lots about each other by playing '20 questions' (which actually turned out to be heaps more than 20 questions). We also made matching bracelets. We will be bonded by bracelet-hood forever!Hands from bottom then clockwise: Susie's two hands, my two hands, Cler's two hands and Dan's hand.

Here is some new vocabulary I learned:
spading: the act of picking up a girl/guy at a Christian conference... funny to joke about but I wouldn't encourage it... keep focused on the Word!
shovelling: intense spading (ie: groups of people at a time)
bull-dozing: extreme spading (ie: everyone at the conference)
classy: sophisticated coolness
shack attack: being knocked back after asking someone out
the money: as in "thats the money shot," meaning you've got it right!


the 4 1/2 hour trip home was a bit exciting and adventurous... but I wont go into that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok dood this is weird.

i know dan!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is a buddy of mine from uni. LOL we have weird links caro. and you know, it was so weird i went to his church once in nth syd and he was also friends with other friends of mine. :S SMALL WORLD!

anyways sounds like KYLC was great :) go CARO! :)

Love,
oLLie :) xox

Caroline said...

You know dan?! That is weird. Everyone seems to know dan! It is indeed a small world when you are hanging out with Christians

Jenfafa said...

so true- I know dan! hehehe..

great to hear you had such a great time at KYLC it was cool, i got to explain to people what it was all about at our austria day lunch thing :-)

missing you - can't wait for monday!