Thursday, December 21, 2006

time to blog

I haven't really blogged in a while so I thought I should. But I'm not really sure what I'm going to blog about. Here is some random stuff which I reckon I can blab on about:

Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes
- my book of the moment. I got up to the chapter on 'contentment' which I was shocked and amazed because only a few posts ago when I was talking about the book I blogged about how I struggled with contentment and a proper response to God. I wont give away any more of the book... you must all go and read it (unless you are a guy... then I would suggest that you read "Disciplines of a Godly Man" by Kent Hughes)

Pizza Cutters
- I've been working quite a few days now. There are all these new staff still coming in which makes me feel like I've been there forever... having to show the new people how to do things. I'll have to give them my new availability soon. I attempted to enroll for semester 1 next year... but one of the courses I wanted/needed to do doesn't seem to be on offer then... so I'll probably end up doing another elective. I'm not sure which ones to pick... some of them seem pretty boring (or hard). So far though... it looks like I'll be free to go to CBS and 'bob' (ask Elsie).

Christmas
- I think I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping now (at least I don't intend to buy any more gifts). I'm gearing up for some awesome gospel messages on Christmas day. I hope the Christmas service message at church is top quality. I get anxious about these things... especially when there are going to be lots of new people and non-regulars visiting. It's such a great opportunity for the word to be shared.

Jenfafa
- today Jen came over and we hung at my place for a bit. I showed her photos that she hasn't seen yet (MYC, SLR, etc) and we both got a sudden urge for KFC. Seeing that I had dockets... we made the trek to KFC and had a tasty lunch. If only Queenie was there... she would have loved it. Jen had the new Vegetales Christmas cd in her car and we listened to it. Junior Asparagus' voice is so cute when he sings. I'm considering buying that cd... if only it was on iTunes.

:O
I forgot I was blogging... I went to the big idea website... and they had a link to vegetales on itunes... and it was there! I bought the christmas cd! it's so cute. aww that lil asparagus.

I have to run off to work now... I hope this has been an interesting post

1 comment:

Jenfafa said...

That was an interesting post :)

I had fun at your house and kfc. I want to open my present keke. I was even more curious after getting your card loL!


We have to hang in new year :)

Love
Jen