Tuesday, December 26, 2006

CHRISTMAS!

on Christmas day:

I woke up at 6.30am... in the excitement of it all... but I didn't want my parents to think I was that eager so I decided to stay in bed for another hour and then went to open presents. Jen got me a lovely scrapbook, Cler got me a beatiful new journal, Dad got me an electronic sudoku game, Mum got me my new pink violin case and I think I got other little things.

Then I went to church at 9am. It was a really lovely service. John gave an awesome talk... he's a very good story teller. There were also a group of 7 young adults from church who sang a christmas medly (of two whole songs!) and they were really good... I couldn't help smiling. Half the time I think I was laughing at Pete's deep voice... it was a good deep voice... but just humorous coming out of him! The harmonies were very sweet too.

After church... Cler dropped me home and got her present. Then after she went... moved all the junk in my house to one room... and tidied up heaps... and prepared food. Then my cousins and my aunty and uncle came over. We ate so so much! And mum was worried about not having enough food! Here was our menu:
main
roast turkey
potato bake
spaghetti and meatballs in pizza cutters bolognaise sauce
fried noodles
pumpkin, carrots and brocolli

dessert

carrot cake
orange cake
fruit cake (which never got opened)
tiramisu
fruits

We were well and truely stuffed. Oscar entertained us with his piano playing... and we basically just chatted and caught up with one another. I hadn't seen Rachel in like a year almost! Then when people went home we washed up the dishes... but it wasn't over yet!

For dinner, Wah, Linda and her parents came over. We ate all of the above... plus cheesecake and chocolate cake added to the dessert list. After all that eating mum decided that we will never have christmas lunch and dinner in the same day... way too much food. I've eaten so much turkey/chicken in the past week. The tiramisu was a big hit too... I'll have to make it again some time. We all talked after dinner too and sat in the candle light of our living room. When they left... we washed some more... and got to bed at 12... pretty good!

Today... we all woke up at 11am. Haha! We've been very lazy so far.

From Car-O-Line

1 comment:

CleR said...

hehe, fun times =)