Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Fantastic 4:

1) I had church today. The message was on the parable of the sower. We talked about how it's not a statistic (75% reject the bible and 25% accept it) but it is a reality that many people reject the bible. I thought that it was fantastic that God has revealed himself to me and that I can follow him and receive eternal life.
2) After church today I went to castle towers to watch fantastic 4 with my jnr girls. It was an alright movie. I wouldn't see it twice though. It was fantastic being able to hang out with my girls in a non-bible-study environment and get to know them better (they are are major Harry Potter fans with one of the girls already finished reading the 6th book - ie: read it in one day).
3) I got 4 distinctions for uni! That's a distinction in all of my subjects which I'm feeling fantastic about. One bad thing though is that my dad said: "You can only get better now" and I'm not sure if i can get better... I set the standard too high! LOL!
4) The bible rocks! I've been reading it a lot more lately because conference has inspired me to become more sound in doctrine, and how else to become sound in doctrine than to read my bible and get to know it better! Here is a fantastic passage: Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?" Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. -John 2:18-22.
From Car-O-Line

1 comment:

Jenfafa said...

That's heaps good about seeing your bible study girls! It's kinda sad for me a bit cause I really wanna hang out with my girls from school, but everything we do together i have to get the schools permission and then have someone else with me and stuff, so it makes it hard to really get to know them.
I think I should do some things with the girls from church like all of them - go see a movie or just go hang out. That would be good.
Congratulations on your results!!!!!!!!!!!! That's totally awesome!!!!!!!!!
Anyway I should stop commenting before I write an entry here :-P