Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Not so newly married now...

So I've been married for almost three weeks now. Things have been prodding along quite smoothly. The transition hasn't been too traumatic, though the other day I was feeling a bit sad and was missing my parents and my old home. Rob did a good job of comforting me which was lovely.

Today is my official last day of holidays. I go to school tomorrow. I got a phone call this afternoon from the teacher I'm replacing letting me know that I have a before-school duty. Wah!!! It's at 7:45am. That's a whole 45mins earlier than I was hoping to arrive at school. Hopefully I wont be yawning too much.

Yesterday I went on a road trip with Cler. We went up to the central coast to drop some eye drops to a doctor there. Then on our way back we decided to pop by the Forest of Tranquility... because we had always seen the sign but didn't know what it was. It was a bit of a disappointment. It wasn't really a forest. It was like a animal/nature reserve. And we couldn't get in the gate because there was no one there. We saw a bush turkey which was lots of fun. I was chasing it around and Cler took a funny video which is on facebook.

I think I might be getting sick because I've got a weird feeling in my throat. Hope it passes quickly. I'm drinking lots of warm water. I'm also listening to Joss Stone who is very soulful. I also used Garnier Fructus Instant Melt-In Mask and I think my hair is looking pretty good today.

I went to Ikea today. I couldn't help feeling a little stupid because often I was noticing that I was making "excited child" faces. There is just so much cool stuff at Ikea! I was was like a little child in a candy store. I had to force myself to look normal. I was actually surprised how many people who weren't mothers-pram-ing-kids were there. So many people not working today. I was particularly surprised by the number of young-adult couples shopping there. Surely they would have work today?

Well... this has been a moderately-sized blog.

From Car-O-Line

2 comments:

Christine said...

lol i think im scared of marriage.

when i know a cold is coming up... i start taking drugs right away. just cold and flu tablets. always works :) cause i would seriously rather amputate my own arm than live with a sore throat...

i dont think ive ever been to ikea. sheltered huh?

and i like that it hasnt been like 3 months in between blog posts haha.

Caroline said...

CHRISTINE!!! You haven't been to ikea?!?! That's ok... but you must make the trek out there one day.

Don't be scared of marriage, but have a healthy fear of it. I gotta say it sometimes scares me too!!!