Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Married!!!

"Good morning sunshine! The earth says hello!!!" (points for whoever knows what movie that quote comes from)

So much has changed in the last two weeks. I got married, went on a week-long honeymoon with my husband(!) and now I live in H_rns_y with Rob! I also am going to another church now! I also wake up at 7am without an alarm clock and the first thing I do once I get out of bed is have a drink (I normally would go straight to cereal). I also shower in the morning now! I thought I'd never become a morning showerer.

I've also become quite domestic. I've spent the last three days buying cleaning products, food, bath mats, bins, cling wrap, curtains, and more! I've also been cooking dinner heaps! I never thought I'd like being the domestic wife because when I was at my old home, I would hardly ever cook, hardly have to worry about washing dishes or clothes, let alone cleaning the bathroom. But the thing that I think has changed is that I just really love serving Rob. And Rob is super good at serving me too! I'm not back at work yet so I've had heaps of time to settle into my new home which has been a blessing. Rob is already back at work and uni. God has been very gracious towards our new life together. I was worried before that the change would be traumatic, but God has been so gracious towards me. Really I had nothing to fear.

Oh and the wedding day was fantastic. Everything went so smoothly and I had a really enjoyable (and not tiring) time. Nothing went wrong and I just loved being around all my family and friends, celebrating our marriage.

We honeymooned in the Hunter Valley. We stayed at three different locations. Rob planned it all and he did a great job. I'm glad the locations were close because it meant that we didn't get tired from traveling. And I'm glad that we went to three different locations because it meant we could always get excited about a new location. And all the places were beautiful and comfortable! We also read through Song of Songs and listened to Mark Driscoll Talks on Song of Songs. Mark Driscoll is pretty funny and can be quite challenging, but he sometimes also reads into the passage too much so it was good to be discussing it all with Rob. In spending 168 consecutive hours with Rob, I learned so much more about him that I didn't know before (and it was all good). Hopefully this honeymoon period/stage will last for all our years and we wont become jaded about marriage.

Everyone has been so generous towards us. Our place is fully functional (and not too messy). We hope to be able to be hospitable and have people over in the near future.

I wont bore you any more with my lovey-dovey feelings.

From Car-O-Line

2 comments:

Christine said...

it was a joy to read of your lovey-dovey feelings. i only hope its the same for me when/if it happens. God is so good :)

Linda Truong said...

LOL @ HONEY-MOON PHASE!!! LOVEYYY-DOVEYYY!! <3<3<3 Love it! Am staring at your faces now, got hundreds of photographs to edit ;) It's going to be a good night!

Anyhow, may your marriage continue to glorify our Lord! :D