Thursday, March 08, 2007

Uni has begun

Well... I haven't posted in quite a long time.

I'm back at uni now... 2 whole weeks gone. My classes seem to be going quite well. They are all interesting and I think they will be useful for when I start teaching. I can't wait to do full time teaching now. Having my own classes and being able to use all the really good resources I've got so far. I'm sure all the other teachers out there will be thinking that I'm crazy... but I'm sure it'll be fun for the first few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to church camp. My first camp for the year... I can't believe it! It will surely be lots of fun. I just hope that the storms will hold out on Saturday so that I can go canoeing and that we can have the bonfire. Our Guest speaker is Anthony Petterson and the topic is going to be on prayer... I've heard only good things about this guy... and I'm looking forward to learning heaps and heaps more about prayer. I guess prayer is a thing that you sometimes take for granted.

Tomorrow is my first trumpet class. EXCITING!!! I know it's going to be a very noisy class... I thought clarinet was loud... but surely trumpet is louder. Hopefully the office lady will find out what's going on and Ill get my trumpet tomorrow.

Currently listening to "Barwon River Love Song" by "The Andre Ellis River Band." It's very sweet. The lead is one of my class mates.

Me and my parents went to IKEA the other day (I still wanna go with you Jen) and I got a new desk. It's long and skinny so it fits nicely in my room and I can sprawl all my stuff over it which is nice. If anyone wants my old desk (at a negotiable price) let me know... it's one of those study IKEA primary school study desks which everyone has (you know you want to conform too!) and its in basically perfect condition. It was just a bit short for me.

LOL!!! I always get distracted when I blog... I just temporarily disappeard to listen to Aboriginal music for uni. I have to transcribe it... it doesn't sound too hard which is good. Although I wouldn't be able to transcribe the lyrics... I find it hard enough to work out lyrics of pop songs on the radio.

I joined choir at uni this year. It's been really good... I'm so bad though... I'm so out of practice in choral singing. Like I sing in church... but that's nothing compared to choir... like you have to pronounce everything in a certain way and you need to sight sing and do all these super big leaps. Choir is going to be very handy for when I go to a school because then I will be able to conduct choirs. I tried to do some choir conducting at my last prac and that didn't turn out very well.

I guess I should sleep soon... because sleep is good.

From Car-O-Line


P.S: my new favourite threadless shirt... which I got in the mail today:
note to self: don't do anymore shopping unless it's for pants, ie: no more tops!

1 comment:

Alistair said...

Hi Caro!

mmm, lunch break time. Lunch break time is good :D
although, i've run out of food (almost, i do ahve my reserve bar sitting on my desk... do.. should.. dare i?)

ahh.. uni... *sigh*