Friday, August 14, 2009

downs and ups

So right now I'm home alone while Rob is out at youth group. I never realised how boring Friday nights at home are because I used to be leading at my old youth group. So I have nothing better to do than blog. Other things I have already done tonight are stacking the dishwasher, turning on the dishwasher, hand washing things that didn't fit, watched lots of The Chaser's war on everything. So yes... blogging is the best option.

Last weekend was a very busy weekend... and both me and Rob didn't get much sleep... and hence we both got sick... which was sucky because I was working 5 days in the week and Rob had multiple assignments due. Spent a few nights just catching up on sleep and forgetting about doing uni work. So we quickly got better. But then the past few nights we've been staying up again doing Rob's assignments. I had to help him with editing and grammar. Last night we were up till 12 to do an assignment that was due at 12. Rob wasn't very happy with the end product. I was feeling a bit sad about it too because I think if we managed our time better we could have done a good assignment. Anyways it's gone now... hope Rob passes. He also had an assignment due today which he ended up finishing at uni... I think he'll do ok in that assignment.

On a happier note... we got our wedding photos!!! YAY!!! Linda and Chloe are the best!!! The photos are beautiful. There are actually a lot of photos! It took us quite a while to get through them. Actually, because Rob was doing assignments, he said I wasn't allowed to look at the photos until we could look at them together, so I had to wait to see them even though they were here in our possession. We're gonna display them on the computer when we have our house warming (finally got it planned).

I have found that ever since I've gotten married, I've become more and more impatient. Like I wanted to just look at the photos without Rob and I opened presents when Rob wasn't around and I just generally don't like waiting for things anymore. I'll be finding out something in two weeks and I just feel irritated that I can't know now. Also my new school hasn't called me since Friday to tell me more about what I'll be teaching. I also find I get more easily agitated with students at school... but maybe that's just because they are talkative annoying girls from a girls school.

Because I've been doing casual for the past week, I've had to supervise some religion classes. They use the Catholic Bible there because it's a Catholic school. I've never had a look in a Catholic Bible before so I had a read of Tobit. It's a weirdish book (from what I've read). I can see why it wasn't included in the Christian Bible. I can accept that what is in the book of Tobit may be true, but it doesn't seem like a very Bible-ish book... if you know what I mean. It doesn't seem like it serves a purpose, but is rather just an account of someone who lived in "Bible times."

I could probably go to sleep now. I am tired. Should I stay up for Rob to come home? Tomorrow I can sleep in YAY! If I don't go to sleep now, I'll have to find something else to do. Youtube is tempting. Eh... I'll get ready for bed.

From Car-O-Line

1 comment:

Linda Truong said...

Hey Caroline~ I'm really glad that you guys love the photographs :D :D :D I can't wait to blog them later in the week!

Mmmyes, the books of the apocrypha serve more as historical books, that don't contain authority from God... That they aren't "Divine inspired" ? ? ?

I am praying for you guys and your marriage - that it may continue to shine for God!