Thursday, January 15, 2009

photos for the week

Today is an extremely hot day. I didn't open any curtains or windows at all in attempt to keep the heat on the outside... but it's still hot. I went for a swim this morning... did 1km. The pool was busy. Heaps of people escaping the heat (yet it is an indoor heated pool ).

Photo time:

Scared Jet with the flash... he's still doing good


My desk!!! Can you tell that I cleaned it?


My new laptop stand... need to get a keyboard to plug into it.


All my folders with units of works and resources... I just need a shelf that will fit them all now.

About a month ago I bought material to make a dress known as the infinity dress. The pattern looked so easy and the dress looked nice... so I bought material in haste. Yet I only ended up making it today. It was very very quick to make! Probably only 2 hours. There were a few fiddley bits... so next time I'll know what to do for an even better product. But I'm still pretty happy with it.



Same dress... different ways to wear it :O It's cool!!!

From Car-O-Line

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That laptop stand is looks great, so much better than mine.

Your dress-making skills are fabulous!! What a great dress to have - 3 different looks in one dress!

Hey, now that you're a teacher....what if your school kids stumble across your blog??

Caroline said...

Lol there is a tan line!!! I didn't notice before. My favourite is the third one, followed by number two and then number one.

You know there are even more styles of wearing the dress... but I didn't do them yet or take photos of them. If you click the infinity dress link you'll see.

I might have to change my blog to private in that case... only the select few will be able to view it.

what laptop stand do you have?

Unknown said...

Yes, I do like the third one very much as well :)! And yes I clicked on the infinity dress link and now I want to see photos of the back of the dress when you wear it!! You should do all the different styles :P

I was reading a comment on Flickr and someone wanted to make them for bridesmaid dresses - that's such a good idea! Then you can have the same colour and so many different styles!

I have an ALDI laptop stand :P