Wednesday, October 29, 2008

swim swim :)

Ok... so today turned out to be very cold and very rainy... but I still got to go for a swim because it's an indoor heated pool. I swam 1.5km... which is really awesome because last time I only swam 1km (and it was not a particularly easy 1km). Everyone should take up swimming and if you want a swimming buddy let me know!

I started doing regular quiet times again. I'm reading through Psalms, and I have a devotion book on Psalms too. I chose Psalms because people always rave about it, and Rob is doing it at his youth group and he's always talking about it, but I don't know that much about it (at least I don't think I do). The first chapter was quite appropriate... because one of the challenges of that chapter was to delight in the law and to meditate on it day and night.

This evening I went back to choir. I've rejoined it to be in the Christmas concert. The songs we are singing are quite lovely... a lot of them are lullabies. We were singing them all so beautifully that it was making me feel a little drowsy! Tomorrow I'll be back in uni again for a handbells practice.

From Car-O-Line

3 comments:

psychodougie said...

yeah the psalms are one of the last things we did in Old Testament 1 - it was awesome - best lecture all year! it was cool coz it looked at the big picture, and he (John Woodhouse) said we shouldn't be so quick to read them in isolation, but with 1-2 as the heading, if you will. can send you the notes if it will be helpful to you or rob

hope all's well
well done on finishing uni!!!!

Caroline said...

ooo yes notes would be cool!

CleR said...

isnt it supposed to be blurted? not blerted? hehe